I finished this piece today ... the wood I started with was very old and dry which provided some challenges turning it but then I didn’t have to wait for an extended drying period before finishing it.
Just finished my latest piece of Pyrography on a Bull Elk skull. 15 hours burning time on this one and then I had to do some staining on the antlers which had become very sun bleached as this skull had been hanging outside on my patio for several years. More photos can be seen of this piece on my website.
Here is the photos showing rough inlay and basic outer shape ready for hollowing.
This new piece will be a hollow form vessel ... likely bottle shaped. It’s from a really old dried out piece of crabapple with a lot of weathering. Should be lots of inlay work. Think I will do a combination of turquoise and pipestone inlay on this piece. Here is a photo of the starting piece.